Top 5 Plant Based Foods You Must Try
LIFESTYLE | 03.16.21
For about a year now, I have been getting more into plant based meals. I'm so excited to share some of my favorite items. Now, I know what you're thinking. How can you give up beef? It's easy! I stopped eating beef and pork for an even longer period of time and I must say I don't miss it one bit! Here's a list of foods you should try that won't disappoint!
1. Light Life Plant Based Ground
I don't know about you, but I love a good taco! This plant based ground is perfect for tacos and has the same beef like texture. Beyond Beef is also a good brand to get but I'd pick this one out of the two. Season it like you would regular beef and you're good to go.
2. Pure Farmland Plant Based Meatballs
Who doesn't love meatballs? There are so many variations of flavors you can add! My personal favorites are honey bbq or teriyaki. I guarantee these will be a hit for dinner or a gathering. People will not know the difference. I add a special ingredient to add that beef like flavor and add a few seasonings as well. Comment below if you want to know the special ingredient.
3. The Original Boca Chicken Pattie
You know I had to have a chicken option! It's no Popeye's or Chic-fil-a, but it is really good if you're craving a chicken sandwich. The only meat I eat is seafood, chicken and turkey. Therefore, when I was on this health journey, I made sure to find good chicken substitutes. About 50% of my meals are plant based so far and I'm working on increasing that number. The patties are thin so I would recommend purchasing a thinner sliced bun.
4. Morning Star Farms Veggie Grillers Burger
Have you ever heard those jokes about vegetarians just having grilled vegetables at the cookout? Don't get it twisted! Vegetarians eat just as good. I kid you not, this burger tastes like it just came off the grill. I haven't even tried it yet on an actual grill to warm it up because it tastes so good as is!
5. Vegetarian Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base
I absolutely love this stuff! It's not exactly a food but it's so flavorful and tastes amazing. I personally like to add it to my kale or greens. What I love most about it is that it lasts way longer than regular chicken broth because a small amount goes a long way.
Are you thinking about switching to a plant based diet? Have you tried any of the items mentioned above? Let me know and comment below.
* In the photo, I'm wearing the "Never Forget" pendant from Esnapkick. This company was created to honor those impacted by the pandemic which is all of us! Whether you are a survivor, know an essential worker, or want to remember a lost loved one, there is a pendant for you. A portion of the proceeds goes to families in need. Free shipping for orders of 2 or more!